Question about Cruising Range

I am a new owner of a 2013 RX350.  I have a question about refueling and the gas tank.  My manual says that the gas tank on my vehicle holds 19.2 gallons.  When the 'Cruising Range' shows 0 on my dashboard display, I can only pump close to 16 gallons into the tank.  So does that mean there are still 3 gallons of gas available - even though the 'Cruising Range' is at 0?  The 'Low Fuel' message comes on with only 15 miles to go.  This is very little warning. 

• 2 months later...

Exactly - the low fuel light (as I was told by a Lexus employee) typically comes on when you have 4 gallons of gas left in the tank. It comes on in my 2013 when I supposedly have 20 miles remaining.

• 3 weeks later...

Susan I have a 2013 and it does the same.   When the light comes on if I go soon to fill up I only get about 15 gallons.    So I now know I have 3 gallons to play with.   I started to take a 2 gallon gas can with me that last few gallons and purposely run out to see exactly how far it will go but after reading other comments and going past the warning a few times I'm confident that if I'm on the highway and the light comes on I can easily make it to the next stop.