AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MagnumFalcon

Daytime Running Headlights

I have a 2004 Lexus ES 330, my daytime running headlights currently do not come on.  The automatic lights still work in the fact that the night lights will engage when the sensor detects the appropriate level of darkness.  I took the car in and they wanted $400 just to hook the system up to find the error.  Is there a fuse or something I can try and replace or how can I do the repair myself?  $400 seems a little high to me to just diagnose the issue without it being fixed.

Do you have an owners manual?  Per the 2004 ES330 owners manual, fuse 29 in the engine compartment fuse box is for DRL.

I assume your high beam headlights are working since they supply the DRL function.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Da20a1u
      Fellow Lexus Owners, Has anyone wanted to improve the High Beam Headlights on a 2013 GS450H??
      I know the High Beams get activated by a small mirror being moved by a solenoid, diverting the available HID Light toward the side beveled reflector.
      For me, its just doesn't seem like enough of that light is getting projected out to the surrounding area.
      I have even considered changing the headlight assemblies to the LED Version that was an option back then. Then I saw the cost .....Picked myself off the floor, and said.....O/K, what is plan B, C, or D.
      Any Ideas???.
    • By texuslexus1
      I recently brought my car in to have the dashboard replaced under the Warranty Enhancement Notification and had the car battery replaced at the same time.
      When I picked up my car, the moonroof would not open and neither the tilt nor power button would do anything, so I could not reset it myself.  The dome/map light would not come on manually or when a door was open.  These remain issues.
      A little while later, the audio system started doing strange things intermittently including:
      power off causes eject disk, then power off switches radio to FM, then power off ejects another CD; power off causes eject disk, I reload disk, then power off turns unit off; power off causes eject disk, hitting load turns off unit; power off causes eject, do not load a disk, unit shuts off by itself.  Otherwise it is hard to switch off the unit.  After a couple of weeks, this behavior mostly stopped.  Now the light which illuminates the radio display stays off most of the time, but sometimes it will come back on.

One of the dual function tail lights stopped working (it was off with the headlights on and came on when the car was in reverse - the dash indicator light came on indicating an issue) and then it started working again and the dash indicator light went off).

I plan to return the car to the dealer to see if they can figure out what is going on.  Could all this be related to just the battery being disconnected?  When I changed the battery myself on a 2005 RX330, nothing happened other than needing to reset the power windows.  When a dash is replaced, does any wiring harness behind it need to be unplugged?  If so, perhaps there is a poor connection when a harness was reconnected.

• By oldglo
      Hey guys,
      I have a 2005 RX330 and I think there is an electrical issue with it. If I don't drive it for 2 or 3 days, it completely kills the battery, to the point that it can't even be charged up. Im already on my third battery. What do you think could be the culprit here? And how to do I go about diagnosing it? Unfortunately, I don't know much about the car and why it started doing this as I just bought it.

Looking forward to hearing your response! Thanks in advance!
    • By The"jasmine"SC400
      Hey guys, I just bought my first sc400 and I have a couple questions, my biggest concern is that she keeps burning alternators i read somewhere that it might be my power steering? Or someone mentioned the valve cover cap? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant afford to take her to a shop, also any general tips about this car Would be awesome, thanks guys!
    • By MikeyMystery
      Hey guys. Just purchased a 1997 LS 400 and it's seen better days. It's leaking coolant pretty badly and I need to know what all the hoses are so I can start replacing the ones that I know are bad. It's also got a Heater Control Valve that's been broken off so I'll probably have to replace that first. Basically I need a manual like a Haynes or a Chiltons but I'm a cheapskate and was hoping someone might know where to get the PDF version of the manual.  If not links to the manual could anyone give me pictures of the pages I need just to show me what exactly the parts are called I need to replace. This might be a stupid question also but it's low on Automatic Transmission Fluid and I wasn't sure if I can add it by pouring it directly into the place the dipstick is held. I can't find an opening to add it besides that and I know sometimes adding transmission fluid isn't as easy as topping off your oil or coolant. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys.