Car will not stay running

1998 GS300 with stock 2JZ-GTE

Recently had fuel sensor gauge broken and replaced with old junkyard part. That gauge stopped it from starting until junkyard part placed in. Start immediately, then after a day and a half of sitting the car would not start. 

Disconnected the junkyard gauge and reconnected. The car still would not start. 

Changed out the spark plugs and found leak in valve cover gasket. Redid the gasket. Car starts but won't stay on. 

Fuel pump sounds like it is collecting the fuel. 

Cleaned the mass air flow sensor, checked the fuel relay, checked coil packs for sparks, and checked intake.

I ordered a new fuel sensor gauge but will take a few days to come in. Could that be the issue or do I have a problem with the fuel delivery? I also took the time to order a new fuel filter (not the screen on the fuel pump, the larger black one below). Could it just be a clog in that? Or is there a possibility of blockage in the line? 

Looking for suggestions and advice. 

Hi Nadira...welcome to the Forum

I would be tempted to go back to the first stage and return the original parts back to the vehicle and see which one's affected the running.

Somewhere along the line you replaced a component and this affected the running, I would retrace those steps.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor

I replaced and tested all old components. Still at the same issue. The new fuel sensor gauge came in yesterday, after installation no change. Later today i will be checking battery and alternator. Starting from the basics.