Lexus LS 430 Door lock problem

Orvar

Hihi

I have a 2005 Lexus LS 430 and there is a problem with rear, right door lock.  It doesn´t unlock and every time I start my car

the central locks go on - off - on - off - on - off (six times) and than everything is ok, but not the rear one.  
I can hear the actuator motor, but nothing happens.  Do you know what I can do to fix this?

I live in Iceland and there are maybe 10 cars like this, and Lexus dealer are VERY expensive, so I just have to ask you :) 

Lexus.jpg

If you have mechanical skills, I suppose you could remove the rear door panel and attempt to determine the problem.  Door panels on vehicles made by Toyota are usually easy to remove by those who understand how they are attached and who have the appropriate trim removal tools.

If the problem is with the actuator, its replacement can be quite difficult.  If you do not have the mechanical skills or depend on using the car for daily transportation, I suggest that you have a professional mechanic repair the problem.

It looks like a beautiful car!

I have always wanted to visit Iceland but I have read that it is being overrun by tourists and is currently among the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 1:50 AM, 1990LS400 said:

If you have mechanical skills, I suppose you could remove the rear door panel and attempt to determine the problem.  Door panels on vehicles made by Toyota are usually easy to remove by those who understand how they are attached and who have the appropriate trim removal tools.

If the problem is with the actuator, its replacement can be quite difficult.  If you do not have the mechanical skills or depend on using the car for daily transportation, I suggest that you have a professional mechanic repair the problem.

It looks like a beautiful car!

I have always wanted to visit Iceland but I have read that it is being overrun by tourists and is currently among the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

I will go to the Lexus dealer and pay for this door problem, maybe it´s to difficult without a garage and instruction.

If I were tourist in Iceland, I would just book a Hotel and than drive around the country and do what you want to do - not book the whole trip

on the internet before.  It´s a small country and lots of thinks you can do without a guide - it would be a little adventure :)