What brand oil does Lexus Service dept use?

Jenll13

Hello.  I couldn't get an answer from my local service dept.   So does anyone know what brand oil Lexus uses in the dealer service dept?  I took ownership of a car that was always serviced by the dealer and I want to put the same oil in it but am not wanting to pay over $100 for a basic oil change!

Hi Jenna...welcome to the Forum

I would suggest replacing the oil next time it is due with an oil of equal quality (such as Castrol, Mobil 1 or similar).

As long as the oil specification is right then the rule of thumb is if you love your car then fit the best you can within your budget!

Let us know how you get on with this 

Cheers  Trevor

Ask them if you can bring your own oil....Than go to Walmart and buy the 5 liter container for less than $26 and let them charge for the oil filter and change.

Maybe you want to know whether the used regular or synthetic oil? Either way I would just go to Walmart and get any of the quality synthetic oils in a 5 gallon jug x2 along with a filter and call it a day.