AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Charissa

2007 Lexus IS350 hesitant to start

Hey team, 

I brought a 2007 Lexus is350 5 months ago and about 3 weeks ago it started making a really strange noise when I started it, then it would go away. A week ago I went to turn it on and it didn't start. It was trying but wouldn't spark. Took it to a mechanic who said it was a fuel pump and replaced it but since I've had it back it's been really hesitant to start. Sometimes it starts fine others it's trying and trying then last second it sparks. Could it still be the fuel pump? He also ran a diagnostic on it and everything showed up as normal. Appreciate any help! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By datarecovery
      This is a new car to me that I bought with the no start engine. Only 42000 miles since last timing belt change . Here's what I found when I opened it up.
      Several bolts on water pump  housing were loose. Alternator lower bolt was broken. The tensioner pulley was completely  broken apart so I don't have any pictures of that . Water pump shaft was bent and water composed inoperative. That's why the coloring on the water pump pulley is shows discoloring from the Heat. Who knows what happened in terms of the sequence....
      Anyone ever see this on a Lexus? I've had 10 Lexus before, worked as a mechanic 30 years, and I've never seen this before.

• By Travie H
      Alright need some advice on what oil to use for my Ls400 90. I normally use 10w-40 Castrol GTX due to previous owner who had the car would use 10w-40 so I just continue doing the same but yeah let me know ?
    • By goldendorp
      For the past year or so, if I leave the car alone for a few days, regardless of temperature it has trouble starting. When I go to start it it will crank for a while but only fully start by giving it gas. When it starts an large plume of smoke along with fuel smell fills the air. Check engine light is not on.
      I removed the air intake plastic stuff and put the key in the on position and a rock on the gas pedal. I removed the plate at the top of the throttle body and sprayed and cleaned out the 9 or so mini holes and the 2 larger holes. With my limited car knowledge I assumed this area to be the air intake bypass when the pictured valve is closed. I cleaned out throttle body as much as I could from the front without removing it. I had good results with this. The car started and maintained higher rpms than before. I thought it was a great success.
      I then left it alone for 10 days and it wouldn't start.
      What should I check next?
      Do oxygen sensors have a role is starting or just running?
      Does the MAF sensor have a role in starting if the throttle plate valve is closed during starting? (I didn't mess with the MAF sensor) Air filter is about a year old, lightly dirty, not filthy.
      Help... I like this car, but I don't like the Lexus service bill. Thanks.

• By Trevor Catt
      Great video of a Lexus RC-F with Twin Superchargers - Initial Engine Start....Enjoy!

• By driver6
      what can i do to make my car stop doing this.... i have great tires and i dont wanna use aftermarket shocks cause i love the confort of oem... so under this parameters what do you people suggest? thanks 

i was thinking maybe wider tires could help but im afraid the handling would not be as crisp specially in the front...

thoughts?