Aftermarket Front Brake Pads

Dark Horse

Happy Thanksgiving All! I'll need front brake pads soon for my 2000 LS400. Can anyone recommend anything aftermarket that matches Lexus pads from the dealer? I have used Rock Auto before. I wondered if there were pads for sale on Rock Auto that offer the same quality as "Lexus" pads. Pads that don't produce noise and excessive dust.

• 2 months later...

On my 5 month new to me (64K miles)  90 LS400 

From Rock i picked up

ADVICS AD0476 and ADVICS AD0488.  

I've got about 3K miles on them.   Feel fine to me. I drive calm but like to toss the car when the road is open.  I don't know about how aggressive the grab needs to be when i read through all the different forms about brake upgrades.  My winter rims don't show any brake dust compared to what was on the car and i have slotted rear rotors.   And they are quiet however, i have hardly any milage on them.

Prior, I took it in to lexus when i bought it just to update the records and go over its service history.  They wanted $1400 for new brakes job front and rear.  They said what was on the car was not factory pads.  I thought i read the ADVICS were factory.  But im new to the game so i could be wrong.

I recommend the Brembo disc that they have on clearance.  15 dollars a rotor for brembo is crazy.  I order a second set on my next order just to have on the shelf.

OOPS saw i had drifted from the 90-92 thread.  

Edited by JoeSuff
**Read after the fact i floated into a 2000 year post
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...