2017 ES350 and the panoramic roof

nr2d

I'm in the process of finding a 2017 ES350 to lease. I have seen a lot of different configurations in my search. I do have a question though.

I am very particular about the exterior and interior colors. Several configurations I have found come with the panoramic roof. I don't want it

but I may have to accept it to get the colors and other options I want. I just read that there seems to be a growing problem with Nissan vehicles

with their panoramic roofs shattering. I know Nissan and Lexus/Toyota are worlds apart but has anyone heard of any problems with the Lexus 

panoramic roofs? Like I said i don't want an ES with it if I can help it. I just don't like the interior looks of the roof. Too many holes in the

headliner.

• 1 month later...

I had a 2008 ES350 with the ultra-luxury package including the Glass Panoramic Roof. Sold it in 2016 and bought a 2016 ES350 with the ultra-luxury package that includes the glass roof.  I never had any problem whatsoever with the 2008 and nothing wrong with the new one either.  I, personally, love them and have never seen one break or even leak on a Lexus.