Let's talk about Restored/Salvage titles...

krbrabeck

Now, I know everyone has an opinion about salvage titles, and I have some questions for all of you in here. 

I am looking to buy a 1996 Lexus SC400 near me that has a Restored/Salvage title. In AZ, a car can be totaled if the damage is more than 50% of the car's black-book worth. I have spoken to the owner and he sent me pictures of the damage from the accident and I of course have seen pictures of the car. I am aware of the risk of buying a salvage title car - my next door neighbor has had me do a lot of work on two of his cars with salvage titles, and I have seen some of the worst case scenarios, as well as some of the best ones. I just want to post a few pictures of the car and see if y'all think it's worth the risk. The price is a steal, and I don't care that much about the resale value, as the car is just gonna get modded and no one is really gonna want it after I'm done with it. Here's the photos:

You can see that the wheels were replaced, and I spoke to the owner and he said that the door, fender, bumper, and headlights were replaced as well, but nothing else needed to be touched. The car was then repainted the original red color. 

00000_hD3pni8sZ1p_600x450.jpg

00V0V_1S7M7eggKC1_600x450.jpg

IMG_7169.JPG

Hi Kurtis....welcome to the Forum

The car looks superb with very little damage in my estimation, I definitely think it's worth a punt.

I would however. carry out a wheel alignment/geometry check as the O/S/F wheel I'm sure would have sustained some sort of impact which could have bent a suspension arm or link.

Let us know if you go for it

Cheers  Trevor