Can not get voice directions from iPhone

Tom52

First let me say that even though I did a search I didn't see an answer for my situation on the forum.

I just purchased an LCertified 2015 ES 350. It doesn't have factory Nav, so I'd like to use an iPhone and Google Maps.  I paired my iPone with the car's Bluetooth  and it seems to be correct for calls.  The problem is that either with Bluetooth or the lightning cable I don't get the turn-by-turn directions.  In fact I don't hear anything.  I've tried volume settings etc, all to no avail. It seems like there is something else I need to setup, but looking in the manual (which is really YUGE) nothing jumps out at me.  What am I missing?

Second question is has anybody found something to hold a smartphone so the maps are easily viewed?  I'm hoping someone found something other than a windshield suction cup mount which are illegal in some states.

Thanks for taking time to read and respond.

Tom

• 1 month later...

I purchased mine in August this year. I had same issue, I went back to dealer and they said, select the "MEDIA" button. I think it works.

Give it a try, else call the dealer. The dealer I went to , the tech support was very helpful.