93 panel sub-assy, console rear end

shf4468

Need help.  Broke my center console rear cup holder assembly by folding rear seats up while cup holders were extended.  The cup holder box seems OK, but the extension track assembly is damaged.  It seems the rear end console cover assembly includes the tracks (58903-60021-A1) but I have not ordered yet.  I cannot get the old cover off.  I see the two screws on either side of the unit but there must be something else holding it in place.  Any help would be appreciated. 

The parts diagram I'm looking at doesn't show anything except the two screws holding the "PANEL SUB-ASSY, CONSOLE REAR END" to the forward portion of the console.  You might try using a plastic non-scarring trim removal tool to gently pry along the seam between the two console parts.  Toyota often uses friction fittings to largely hold interior components in place and the parts might have gotten a bit "married" if they haven't been separated in 13 years.

I've dismantled center consoles on several Lexus LS and Toyota sedans and have found that they are usually held together similarly. 

Maybe you'll be able to repair the tracks after you get the rear console portion out.