How to make SC300 louder?

CMG

I bought a SC300 back in February as my first car, and have read about people removing the catalytic converters and how that would make the check engine light come on and stay on, and was wondering what would be the best way to make it a bit louder. It's just too quiet in my opinion. Would I be better off just getting mufflers, cutting out the resonators, or both? I like the way it sounds from the back when outside the vehicle stock, but I would like it to be a little louder. Any input would be great, as I am still learning about this stuff and would like to start working on it. Thanks. I'll leave a picture of what my car looks like now.

Sorry if posted in wrong section, or if there are already a million posts like this. This is my first post here.

SC300.jpg

I've seen threads about people cutting out mufflers/resonators on old cars but sometimes with unintended consequences.  Apparently some engines run better with the particular amount of back pressure provided by the stock exhaust system.

Gosh, I wish I could eliminate all engine, exhaust, road and wind noise.   I'd rather have complete silence while driving except for the audio system .... and of course my wife!  My favorite aspect of my wife's Prius is that it is silent when stopped or being driven slowly.  It even has a speaker in the engine compartment that creates noise to warn pedestrians when the gasoline engine has automatically shut off and its running in EV mode.

A/C compressors on most newer cars are electric and don't require the engine to run to keep the interior cool.  The engines of an increasing number of newer non-hybrid vehicles shut off when at a stop.  Powerful EV's like the Tesla Model S don't make any exhaust noise at all.

It looks like you want to go one way while the rest of the world is going another way.

• 4 months later...