Tire Pressure Warning Light

Newbie here! I read the forum and follow advice on resetting the TPWL. 1)  inflated tires to pressure from door jam 2) set parking brake 3) turned car 'ON" with pushbutton start had to push start button twice - pushing just once the low tire pressure warning light does not come on, pushing twice the warning light comes on but it blinks constantly 4) not able to follow reset instruction by pushing reset button under steering column and waiting for the warning light to blink 3 times because is blinks continuously

QUESTION: Should I just press reset and watch light blink 3 times and then wait a few minutes acccording to instructions; then turn engine on completely.

Appreciate any help, Thanks!

Hi Mark....welcome to the Club

I would recommend taking the car for a short drive first for the sensors to adjust to the new pressures...works a treat on my BMW motorbike.

Some newer vehicles, you have to drive it to reset the system as it takes a reading from each individual wheel rotation to calculate the pressures.

Certainly worth a try and then if not try the reset method you mention afterwards.

Cheers   Trevor

Also, be sure to check the spare tire. In most Lexus models with full spares, it is monitored also.

Just dealt with this issue myself on an RX.

As Trevor Catt mentions, most times the TPMS will reset itself after driving around 20 minutes or more. Give that a try before doing anything rash.