Excellent (almost) --Only 88,000 miles

Jansanmateo

This is a beautiful car, but mechanic does not know why it stalls. 

Replaced: ECU, TCCs computer, gasket idle, air control valve, switch starter, water temp sensor, EGR value, and gas pump control valve.

If someone has any further repair ideas, or can fix it, I will sell it at very good price.

White exterior, leather interior, in near perfect condition except for this very frustrating issue.

Thank you.

Edited by Jansanmateo

Are there any codes?

Does the engine stall at idle or under load-driving?

Did you replace the fuel pump control unit?

An easy fix for a bad fuel pump control unit is to use a piece of wire and connect FB and B+ together inside the engine diagnostic box.

Have you checked you TPS?  If you have TRAC control, then you have 2 TPS.  They are located on the Intake near the manifold.  The first one on the left controls the engine system, the next one on the right controls TRAC.

Another maintenance item on the SC400 is the idle speed valve on the front of the intake manifold.  It has an electrical motor that controls air at idle.  Mine had carbon build up.  My car had 155,000 miles when I found the buildup.

You have spent a lot of money on parts you probably do not need.  I would bite the bullet and take it to Lexus and get an estimate to repair the problem.  Since your car is so low mileage it is probably Carbon buildup someplace.  Keep the car after you repair it.  No other car can replace it under $30,000.

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_9459.JPG

IMG_4427.JPG

IMG_7294.JPG

IMG_7301.JPG

IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7333.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your very thorough reply. I brought this car to the Lexus dealership and spent over $3300 in nearly 3 months on the repairs listed. I had to have the car towed in twice. It has been an awful experience and the car still does not run. 

I inherited this car from my late boyfriend, who absolutely loved this car. He would have enjoyed the challenge (he loved anything with a motor), and would have fixed it. I have no idea why the Lexus dealership could not. The Lexus service consultant wanted to buy the car, but at the time I did not want to sell it. They put on nearly 500 miles saying it was being road tested---I questioned that. 

I will share your recommendations to another mechanic.

Again, thank you very much for your very thorough reply. I really appreciate it.