30k service. Is it necessary

dsvetcov

I will be bringing 2015 rx350 in for 30k service.   They told me the cost is $495.   It includes replacing all filters, checking fluids, oil change, rotation and some other peripherals.

Question, is it worth it, or do many of you just change oil and rotate tires.

Thanks,

David

HI David

I would definitely recommend the correct service for the age of the vehicle as it keeps the residual value of the vehicle maintained for future sale and ensures reliability.

Additionally, there may be software downloads to the vehicle which need carrying out by the dealership.

Hope that reassures you in spending hard earned money.

Cheers   Trevor

• 1 month later...

Did the 30k service.  Agree it was worth it.  They found the rotors needed to be recalibrated and alignment needed.  Would have cost me more to buy new tires as outer lining was getting worn.  They covered it all under warranty.   Great service and definitely well worth it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i too just had it done, you got away cheap. After all was said and done it came to $525.

as far as contemplating having it done, we own a Lexus. We knew the cost to maintain would be high, so doing the service is not an option its mandatory.

These cars will last a long time if that is your wish, otherwise lease it and get a new one when the service agreement runs out.