2001 rx300 center display

princered72

My 01 RX300 center display went blank.  I have checked the fuses and they look good.  I did not have a tester to confirm but will do that this evening.  Anything I should be looking for?   Changed the battery a few months ago and at that time the clock would not keep time.  Now the entire display is blank.

Everything else works, A/C, etc.  I can change CDs but do not seem to be able to change radio stations.

I do not have navigation in it.  Does it make a difference if I install at screen from a car that had navigation?  How hard is ti to change out the screens?  I have seen some units for sale with the entire radio, etc. which may be a good route to go.

Thanks for the feedback  Strangle the display started working again this evening.  Just got in and started the car.

I haven't checked to see if the clock is keeping time.  I was too happy the display worked

Hi, if your first problems started with the new battery, you may want to check if it's compliant with your car (ref. the marking on the battery vs. the requirements in the user manual). I hope you haven't put a 24V battery -- it may ruin all your electronics.

I am not sure about RX but in LX the clock takes its data directly from GPS -- you cannot adjust the clock, just change the time zone. If it's the same in RX, then this must be a sign of problems with the electronics.

If you originally changed the battery because it was draining abnormally fast (and not e.g. as a routing 3/5 years change), you may prefer to go to a car electrican for a check of your car's power consumers...

Well display not working again so I am thinking it is something in the display itself.  What is the difference in the display with or without Navigation?  I do not have Navigation so can I put a display in from a Navigation car and will it work?  What would not work, other than any of the Navigation items?  I have seen some used ones for sale and waiting to find out if they are navigation or not?

What is the part number for the Non Navigation display?

You may want to do a 'computer diagnostics' for any error codes. Any error codes should perhaps address any non-physical problems (like a potential issue with the battery to which I referred earlier). If no error codes, it might be just loose connectors - to check on this, you'd need to dismantle and then assemble again the screen and perhaps the buttons parts (you've previously referred to not being able to change radio stations). If you want to do this by yourself, I suggest you find the procedure first (must be contained in the 'repair manual' for your car -- not to be confused with the 'owner's manual'). Or perhaps it'd be easier to ask some car electrician to do this for you (thus minimizing the risk of damaging parts by own operations).

Edit: part numbers: http://www.toyodiy.com/