Lexus CPO proof

Hi all,

I recently bought a CPO 2015 RX 350 from a Lexus dealer. In the dealer documents / Purchase Order / Financing documents that I got, it does not say that it is a CPO vehicle anywhere. When I asked the person who was handling my paper work, he said that Lexus will send the CPO documents to me in mail. Does that sound alright? If not, what should I ask the dealer for?

Appreciate all your thoughts.

Thanks!

Tarry,

When I was purchasing my CPO Lexus (so far, the only CPO car I've purchased) from Sewell Texas in mid-2013, the only document referring to CPO I got was as attached (identification details deleted) -- I would assume the documentation may differ from dealer to dealer/State to State.

By the way, the attached explains the CPO warranty which was given to my car, and it differed so some material extent from my previous expectations. I would suggest that you speak to your dealer about what you may expect, and get whatever warranty document straight on the spot and not my mail. 

Also, when I browsed the Lexus website (and the internet generally) at the time (mid-2013), I was unable to find any specific description of what exactly one was to expect from a CPO car (apart from general statements on the Lexus website that they had inspected the car from X number of angles; well, OK, can I see the results of your inspection, what have you fixed, what not). At the time, one guy at the forum (whom I trust, he was an official dealer at the time) said that the CPO requirements had been softened so that a CPO car was allowed (from memory) to have X number of scratches and other defects I hadn't expected. (My car actually did arrive to me with a few body/windshield defects which cost me a few hundred bucks to fix, but I am not sure of their origin -- I had had to contract a few third parties to get the car to Russia, where I am based, and the defects quite possibly could have been attributable to them).

Also, if you register your car (by its VIN) on the official Lexus website (link), you should be able to see a full history of your car maintenance by Lexus dealers. Perhaps it would include some reference to some sort of 'certification' (in my case it included a reference to 'certified pre-owned PDI' -- whatever it may mean).

All, anyone knows the requirements for CPO cars (like what is tolerable/what must have been fixed)? (it seems the CPO has nowadays been renamed to 'L-certified' but the description of it on the Lexus website seems to be similarly uncertain as was the case in 2013).

Sample_p1of2.jpg

Sample_p2of2.jpg

Hi Eugene,

Thank you so much for your message. It was very helpful.

I had a bit of a frustrating time finding out more info about my car from the dealer / Lexus corporate, etc. It seems that the certification paper work was sent late to Lexus; my car was updated as CPO / L Certified in Lexus' database yesterday. All is well now. 

Best Regards!

Hi Tarry,

I am glad that you've fixed your issue!

If you can share any more knowledge (e.g. from your discussions with the dealer) of what the LPO standard may nowadays means (e.g. which defects Lexus considers tolerable and which they are supposed to fix), please share your knowledge - this forum is exactly designed for sharing knowledge between Lexus owners as individuals.

Cheers