Lexus Owners With Melting Dashboard/Interior Panels

I currently own a 2007 Lexus IS250 which the interior panels including the dashboard have started to literally melt away. This has caused a sticky and shiny to form on the top of the dashboard making a glare on the front windshield making it very difficult to see out of, much less drive as it is unsafe. After more than 2 years of getting the run around about when this issue will be resolved and now being told it will take another 18-20 months possibly. This is plain ridiculous and mad as Toyota Motor Company (makes Lexus) only cares about lining their pockets rather then the safety of their consumers. Please help me bring this issue to the front line so we may have this issue resolved before it too late. I have started a petition to Toyota Motor Company and Lexus, please sign it so our voices will be heard!!!

https://www.change.org/p/toyota-motor-company-lexus-toyota-owners-with-melting-dashboard-panel-issues?recruiter=582234707&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

My wife just had the dash replaced for free on her '08 IS350.  Before you could literally sink your fingernails into the dash it was so soft.  Now it's hard and smooth like the rest of the trim. I'm sure there's thousands and thousands of vehicles that need a new dash and it'll take a while to produce and replace them all.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue with my 09 and after research I found that a class action suit had taken place to remedy the problem.  I called Lexus cust. support and at first they didn't want to help until I mentioned the lawsuit, it took about 2 months start to finish and they replaced all 4 door panels plus the dash.  To bad it wasn't a recall this would have been so much easier.