Car dies while acclerating then wont start!!!

Okay well i just bought my 00 lexus gs 300,400. It ran great the first day and i was really happy with it. I filled it up at the gas station but with 87 on accident. I drove it for 3 hours and no problems. Last night i tried the pwr mode but for about 5 seconds before i decided i didnt care for it. I turned it off and parked the car. I went to the station maybe 15 minutes later and when i take off the car takes off fine with little bit of hesitation then dies between first and second gear. Before im going even 15 mph. I praked it home and in the morning i tried to drive it to work and it stalled in the same way  but would not start at all, i had to get it towed. Sometime it will cut out and try to die then kick back on and go. I checked oil and it was low. I put fresh oil till full. Sounds better but doing the same thing.i put a octane booster in it thinking it was the gas but it wasnt. Someone pleaSe help me. I need this car.

Hi Brandon...welcome to the Club!

I wonder that as you have only just bought the car, that there was an existing problem already there and it is just a coincidence about the fuel.

Any members out there come across this problem as well??

Let us know how you get on

Regards   Trevor

2 hours ago, Trevor Catt said:

Hi Brandon...welcome to the Club!

I wonder that as you have only just bought the car, that there was an existing problem already there and it is just a coincidence about the fuel.

Any members out there come across this problem as well??

Let us know how you get on

Regards   Trevor

Ive been talking to the person that sold it to me because hes a good friend. He's trying to help me figure it out as well. I dont think there was an existing problem i just have bad luck and the car had been sittin in his drive way for months not moving.

well another idea is that it could have water ingress into the electrics or something like corrosion on battery terminals / poor earth connections to the engine?

The battery terminals are corroded. But it doesn't feel like a battery problem. The car starts just fine and runs alright untill I take off. And it feels as if the car cuts the trans off and then it died or I let of the gas and It kicks and goes like normal

Probably the best method is to drive it with a scanner connected and look at the live readings (get someone else to drive while you look at the scanner) and see what goes offline (e.g. fuel pump relay, battery voltage, etc)

• Like 1

Update. My car will not start. I tried listening for fuel pump and I do hear it at least i think. I cleaned out the air box. Took the battery terminals off to reset the computer just in case SNOW or pwr mode was stuck internally. I cleaned the terminals and out them back on. Put a jump box on the car and tried to start it. It sounded as if I was out of gas or it was flooding. Finally it started but eas at such a low idle that it was about to die. I left it running and waited and whatched and finally it reved up to normal and ran normal for 20 seconds before going back to low jerky idle and died again. I have no clue.

I think if you mis-fuelled it prior to it starting to play up then I would at least put some fresh fuel in addition to what is already in there.

Otherwise, you could check out the spark plugs and fit new if necessary.

Other parts to check would be the Fuel Filter and Ignition system components.