Fuse issues

Angel92

Im new to owning a car and currently having issues with my 93 lexus LS400.

I can't let mywindows up, my power steering is acting up and my blinkers dont work

Like none of my electric works!. A few people have told me it may be a fuse issue. If so does any one know which one it might me? Again Im very new to this. I'd be forever grateful for some advice please n thanks

Hi Angel

Welcome to the forum

For the fuses you have two boxes one fuse box is under the steering wheel and the second one is under the hood... best is use a crow plier and plug and unplug all the fuses and check accordingly all the fuses just to be sure... if you have even a 1% doubt on any of the fuse just replace

Now power windows and your blinkers not working these are two separate issues, power windows are moved up and down by a motor ... blinkers are not working most probably fuse if fuse are fine then most probably the combination switch is not functioning properly

Check for diagnostic codes also, they help a lot

• Like 1

Please explain the power steering issue?

Windows / electrics can be corrosion on connectors or on battery terminals. If you ever disconnect the battery first make sure the key is not in the ignition and in your pocket, all doors closed and unlocked. And same status when reconnecting it.  If you just got finished turning the ignition off wait a few minutes before disconnecting the battery, too soon and could set off the air bag.

There is a trunk wire issue that is covered on this website and that could have something to do with some of the problems too.

Like said check out the fuses and make sure of clean battery connections. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So i had some one take a look at the car. They suggested it could be a relay issue. We replaced the fuses and relays and still no luck. None of the electric works and still issues with the power steering. The steering wheel is very hard to use, it appears to jerk to me when mu fiance turns it on.

The steering has an electric valve since electric is the problem. So how does the engine run with no electric? Power steering needs the engine running.

Is the battery charged? Are the cables clean? Is there power after the area where the cable connects to the battery. We really need good detailed information to be able to help. No electric is a very easy thing to figure out, who ever looked at it may not know how to trouble shoot the problem, and rather than toss a ton of parts on it have some good tech look at it.

Im sorry about the lack of detail, i literally know less than the basics about cars. I don't think anyone has looked at the cables to see of they are clean. We replaced the battery alternator fuses AND relays already. The cars been down for a while and recently when we try to start it we have to get a jump. We already replaced the battery though. Again sorry for the lack of detail. But thats about as much as i know.

The detail I'm looking for are some of the questions I had asked. Did you look at the 4 large fuses that are called the fusible links? They are towards the engine and under that very large cover with 2 screws that are just behind the battery. So loosen the screws they don't come out they kinda stay with the cover. You can look and see if there is still a wire in those big fuses. If one is bad it is most likely the 120A one. and you can't just pull it out. Its a bit more involved so just let us know if they all look good.

He said the second to the last one is broken and he cant get it out of the car. He went to a junkyard to get the part but he wasnt able to get those pieces out of any of those cars either.

17 hours ago, Exhaustgases said:

Maybe on a 98 or so. There is no unbolting underside on a 90. Its just like the picture shows.

Are you talking about the whole group of relays or each individual relays?

2014-09-18 11.23.57.jpg

2014-09-18 11.25.12.jpg

2014-09-18 11.25.30.jpg

2014-09-18 11.28.27.jpg

2014-09-18 11.28.41.jpg

2014-09-18 11.28.56.jpg

I'm talking fusible links only. They couldn't figure out how to replace it.  And wow yours as well as mine look bad, all those connections need cleaning up and even the crimped eye's at the wire interface could be corroded. All that is a potential problem. Its our moist weather NY and WA.

On 8/17/2016 at 7:13 PM, Exhaustgases said:

I'm talking fusible links only. They couldn't figure out how to replace it.  And wow yours as well as mine look bad, all those connections need cleaning up and even the crimped eye's at the wire interface could be corroded. All that is a potential problem. Its our moist weather NY and WA.

Yeah there is lots of rust but those pics were taken last year and it was such a pain to change that 120 amp fuse that I just put it back together.

• 3 months later...

Bought this march of 2015 from my friend who has a dealership great price love the car havent had not one problem except a leak by the o2 sensor  near the cat and a leaky valve cover gasket ( not really sure how to get throttle body off) but have maintained it now have the infamous vsc loss of response from the gas pedal. But the interesting thing is the vsc lights and check engine lights have been on since we bought it! And no problems what so ever until last night! I have three kids so not alot of money so ive patched the hole in the exhaust with jb weld and its done as well as can be expected just trying to get to after christmas to free up money to get all new exhaust and possibly pulleys and a few other things! dont know about the lack of gas pedal though it seems like it could be everything and nothing lol