Check VSC System and various lights on 2006 Lexus RX400h

I recently replaced my rear brake pads on my 2006 Lexus RX400h, and when I started the car after the replacement, there was a "Check VSC System" that appeared, with a red "BRAKE" logo, an orange "ABS" logo, and other logos came on too. I'm confused because I did a neat job on the brake pad change, and I'm wondering what's wrong with it. The owners manual says to contact your Lexus dealer, and I'm trying to find out if I can fix this problem myself before I take it to the dealer. The car is alright to drive right now, but I want to also know if it's okay to keep driving with the VCS and logo errors on.

When I had my 01 Corvette, there was no way I could do a pad and fluid change without a special tool that would cycle the ABS and brake control module. Did you attempt to bleed your brakes?

would suggest that an ABS sensor or wiring is either disconnected or damaged.

Sometimes the caliper is wound in without first cracking loose the bleed nipple and/or not using a hose clamp to avoid pressure being transferred back through the hydraulic system when winding back the caliper piston. This can damage the ABS modulator unit.

Let us know how you get on with it

Regards   Trevor