Moe47

Hey guys! Been a solid 45.5聽days since the LS gave me a problem. 馃槄聽

Had the car dropped off at a service station for a wash yesterday, drove it around all day after it was back,聽even went out to get groceries late at night. Tried starting her up this afternoon, but she won't. I hear the click but no cranking after. Opened the hood to have a look and it聽looked like it was washed inside. Called the service guy up and he said they pressure washed under the hood. How should I proceed from here?

Funny how the LS always surprises me with these problems. This noon, I had to get somewhere in a REAL hurry and boom! Unfortunately I didn't have my second car with me too, had to take a cab, and the cabs here are DIRTY 馃槹. I think It's got a mind of its own and loves putting聽me聽in desperate situations.聽

Edit: Battery is only a few months old. Headlights, radio and everything electrical seems to work fine.聽

You can't blame the car when it is around people that shouldn't be working on them.

I'm sure the washing the engine has something to do with it. I wouldn't let anyone wash my cars, all they would do is scratch the paint. I see lots of new cars with scratched up paint.

Yeah, ideally,聽but hardly get the time here to do anything myself. And with the scorching heat right now, it is impossible to step out for a couple of minutes, let alone wash the car. Anyway, you're only allowed to wash your car by yourself if you have a garage indoors, the luxury most聽people here don't have!聽

Yeah it has to be the water that messed something up, having it towed away this noon get it checked up by a mech. Could still use inputs guys, the mechs here I don't really trust.聽

Hi Moe,

If it is water ingress into the electrics then I'm sure it will be okay once dried out. Long term damage on the other hand, that may be another issue

Regards 聽 Trevor

Probably got water on the electrical connections. Once it's dried out everything "should" be fine. There is probably water sitting in the valley next to the starter.

I was in the same situation the car died, you can refer to my post...

If the starter is not engaging may be it gave up or may be the security system, i seriously doubt that water can reach in that cave where the starter is placed, the biggest problem you are going to face here that every mechanic will say one thing "Replace the starter motor"

Used starter you will get for 200 dhs from sharjah make sure you take the old with you when you are hunting for the used one just to match in case

brand new for ~1350 dhs (from Al Amani spare parts) or ~1250 dhs (from popular auto spare parts)

Good luck and keep us posted

Any one allowing you to wash your car should be financially responsible for damages. So you can only wash it inside the garage? This site is being goofy today all the typing is on the right side of the screen.

Water can indeed get into the valley under the intake manifold if you spray the engine with a hose. There are gaps in each side of the intake where you can see right down in there. I had leaves and all kind of dirt down the when I changed the starter plus it was ALL wet. I sprayed my engine down with simple green and used a hose at one of those self wash places. I always kept the car running in fear that I would have the no start issue like others were posting about.