GS350 F SPORT BRAKES

I have a 2013 GS 350 F Sport with brake problems, I think. I replaced front pads & rotors (factory) and had my shop install, the day off after replacing it still squeaked. I gave it a couple of weeks and it became unbearable! I finally told my shop and the used car service writer advised getting shims on it- I got factory shims & it still squeaks! Like high pitched annoying embarrassing squeak. I finally took my car to Lexus and they said everything looked fine & that it's a "high performance" vehicle & it's going to happen & needs to be "broken" in....everybody else having problems with the brakes on this car? I picked up my car from Lexus on Saturday & it's squeaking still....high pitched squeak like I need brakes again.

Hi,

I would say the brakes are squealing because of the pads fitting in the carrier/slider and have movement enough to resonate and create a high frequency noise.

Where the pads fit in position, there is usually some sort of fitting kit (anti-rattle clips and shims) that should be fitted along with Copperslip or some other insulative compound. DON'T FORGET THE COMPOUND - AND ENSURE YOU ONLY APPLY IT WHERE IT IS REQUIRED!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake-Hardware-Kit-fits-2001-2014-Lexus-IS350-GS350-GS450h-LS430-/291273414475?hash=item43d13f974b

Hope this helps?    Trevor - Moderator

The link that you sent me--is that just a shim kit? I got a shim kit from Lexus directly and it's still squeaking, terribly. Not all the time but more than it should w/new pads & rotors. After Lexus had it he said everything "looked" fine & it didn't squeak for them...I can't say enough how embarrassing it is to drive this car in a parking lot or pull up to a stop sign and all you hear is EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Thanks for your help!

I know the feeling when you brake and the whole world knows it :angry:

If the pads are dry (e.g. no compound on the contact metal parts...not the friction lining material though) then this can lead to the resonance which is the squealing noise.

If it was mine, I would take the pads out, ensure the correct shim kit is fitted and apply anti-squeal compound to the pads and carrier where the pads sit.

If all else fails then I would replace the pads themselves as occasionally the friction lining material can generate noise (usually a graunching sound) if they are cheap/poor quality.

• 7 months later...

There should've been a service bulletin about this for the GS350 F-Sport. Basically it tells you that you need the updated/revised brake pads and shims. The new pads should be blue, I could be wrong about the color.