Extended warranty

annapetrunis

Hello, all,

Need some help.  I have bought extended warranty (platinum) for my 2009 GX470.  It is 7 years / 75,000 miles.  I brought the car to the dealer that we bought it from and that services our car for us.  There was a loud humming noise and when they checked we needed left wheel bearing + some other thinks.  We are out of the warranty only 298 miles :( 

What should I  do???

anyone?

help.

thanks 

anna

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, I don't think it would have been covered under warranty as it is classed as 'wear & tear' but if something had broken or failed instantly then maybe there could have been some recourse.

Sorry, but I think you will have to absorb this one unless the dealer only charges for the part or labour as a good will gesture.

Good luck   Trevor - Moderator

Sorry, I did not know that...most other vehicle warranties would not cover any parts that are susceptible to wear and tear, bearings included.

I hope you can get some recourse from the dealer as it's only just outside of the mileage....you could ask them to do it as a 'gesture of goodwill' and suggest that you would consider buying a replacement vehicle from them in the future if their customer after sales service gives you the confidence to use them again?