New member/owner. Trans gear selector loose.

DiabloX22

Hi, really like the club, thank you! I bought a 03 GX470, I LOVE IT! Had some maintenance done, its in incredible condition outside and in. From the records, the previous owner took very good care of it.

HOWEVER, after I let my girlfriend driveit 1 time! The gear selector was very loose/sloppy and it didnt shift into gears like it did. No bit of resistance, or the feeling when changing gears. Coincidence? She is shorter, IDK if she used it as a handle, or if it broke/wore out. Anyone else have this issue? DIY fixes, suggestions? Any advice about this, or ANY suggestions about anything, would be appreciated! 

Thanks for a great club, I apologize if I did anything incorrect. Excited to read and learn all about the posts! THANK YOU! 

Thank you landar, i was thinking the same. I was debating on getting a whole used assembly and putting it in myself. However, I cant find ANY info to replace it or a diagram of the assembly, what it takes to "get to it". 

Dropped the GX off at the dealer, got a estimate of $1000, my service advisor said the "detent" in the shifter assembly is the issue, its broke, according to her techs notes. I found the part online at a Lexus dealer for about $400. MY dealer wants over $600. Anyone ever remove the center counsel? I have more time than $ right now. LOL! I am going to hit her up for a better price, but it does appear to be very labor intensive! ANY input? Any would be appreciated! Either way, it is getting fixed. Thank you!