Mary B IS 250

Mary B

Hello Everyone!!!!!

I am new to club....Really excited about leaning more about my IS 250.  I just got her on Memorial Day!!!!  I will never drive another car!!!!  :-)

20160627_094148.png

Mary B,

You are not telling the truth! Someday you may move up to a more expensive Lexus model, and you'll love it even more! They are fabulous cars, and they make you feel good behind the wheel.

There is nothing classier than a black car, but they are a bit** to keep clean. HINT: Go to an auto parts store and buy the original "California Car Duster". Its an 18 inch long mop with a foot long wooden or plastic handle. Its long stringy mop is impregnated with a special wax that attracts dirt like a magnet, and simply lifts it from the car body as you sweep it across the paint and glass. It'll leave some wax marks on the body the first 3 or 4 times you use it, (wipe it off with a micro fiber cloth), but from then on its streak free.

I've had mine for 20 years now, and it even works better now when its dirty, than when it was new. I have several antique cars, one in black, and regardless of how long its sat in the garage, in less than two minutes I can wipe it down with the California Car Duster and its fabulous. As well, get the California Dash Duster, much smaller and triangular shaped, to do the interior of the car, if its a dark colour. You can wipe down and lift the dust from the interior in less than a minute, the entire inside! And, no, I don't work for the company, just a retired old fa** who loves cars.

Congratulations on your new ride!

Thanks a million on this information!  You are so right....the only car I will ever drive is a Lexus.  Such a wonderful feeling when driving her.  But to keep her clean.....man :mad2:

It is hard!!!!  lol.....so this I am truly going to try and find, now let me ask, do you know what I can get to clean my seats. They are tan and need a good cleaning.....any suggestions?

20160629_134455.png

Mary B,

My Bride's ES350 has the same light tan coloured seats and you have to stay on top them. Don't let them get too dirty before you get after them.

Use good products by Mothers or MaGuiars, etc., and forget the cheaper stuff by Turtle Wax, etc. Generally there is a cleaner you use first and rub it in with a cloth or a natural bristle brush with fine bristles (or use a natural bristled paint brush that you cut the length of the bristles back to about an inch long with scissors to stiffen them up without being abrasive.). Then wipe the leather clean with micro fibre cloths.

They also have a leather moisturizer/softener that you rub into the leather with your hands, and then wipe off the excess with another micro fibre cloth. Keeps the leather supple.

Get that California Dash duster for the door panels, center console and the dash. It really speeds the cleanup to just next to nothing.

Enjoy your new toy, and feel sad for all the others who don't have a Lexus in their driveway.

gbhrps,

Thank you so much!!!  I am going to look for items this weekend.

I am going to clean Cookie up & we are going to ride & yes I do feel sorry for anyone who does not have a Lexus in their driveway!!!  :balloon:......Have a Happy 4th!!!!

Mary B