I was told by the dealer not to use anything but water to clean the interior dash, seats, door panels etc; however my black interior seems to have become dull.  I used Maguires interior matte finish and the interior looks great.  Does anyone know why the dealer is saying not to use anything but water?  Also I did get some overspray on my instrument panel when cleaning.  I can not seem to get the spots off and was wondering if anyone know what I can use to get the spots off the plastic cover over the instrument panel?

Use what your owners manual says to use to clean the interior.  What does it say about using that Maguires product?

If I remember correctly, a damp (not wet!) cloth has been the main owners manual recommendation for my Lexus and Toyota vehicles unless a surface is soiled. The cloth should be just barely damp with water when cleaning surfaces around electronics and instruments.  Maybe a damp (water only) cloth can remove that overspray you mentioned.  Stay away from harsh household cleaning liquids like 409!

If you have to spray a liquid, spray it on a cloth first to avoid overspray.

• 1 month later...

I use every products from surf city garage. For the leather seats etc..i clean everything with dash away. Wfor the leather seats voodoo leather of surf city garage. You gotta do something for the leather if not in 5 years it is scratchy and dry. 

I dont care about the manual. If you have sun blocker spots on your plastic you won't get that away with warm water and soap.

• 1 month later...