Lexus ES350 Issues/ Recommendation for Tires/Brakes/Pads

AndyAndy

HI Guys,

This is my first post and I hope you guys can help me guide to the right path. I have 2007 ES350 that I love, no issues at all but lately I'm hearing a knocking sound in the back as if there is something in the trunk. I showed it to one of the mechanics, he mentioned something around the axle, some sort of arm that hold it,He said it's not serious as it could fall and you wouldn't even notice it and its not going to hurt the car in any way but it's driving me nuts.Can anyone shed some light on it.

Secondly my car is in need of new brakes, rotors and tires. Could you please recommend the best. I live near US/Canada border, just across detroit and plan to buy or get it delivered everything in US. 

Thanks guys

The axle problem sounds bad and $$$$$. Of late I am starting to have issues with my 2007 ES350 with 125,000 miles. Air Conditioning compressor, rear brakes. Love the car, still rides great with no rattles. However, it could be a money pit. Lexus parts are not cheap. 

22 hours ago, Navsafe said:

The axle problem sounds bad and $$$$$. Of late I am starting to have issues with my 2007 ES350 with 125,000 miles. Air Conditioning compressor, rear brakes. Love the car, still rides great with no rattles. However, it could be a money pit. Lexus parts are not cheap. 

Hi Guys,

As long as your looking at some repairs, the ES is recommended to change the plugs at 125,000. miles. You do seem to have an unusual number of normal but also not usual trouble for your year and model. Some of the members take great pride in talking about their Lexus with 150,000 miles 200,000 miles, even 250,000. The key is following up keep, such as serpentine belt, Maybe or maybe not change the trany fluid, flushing the brake lines, etc. This spring, Consumer Reports published a list of reliability  for each make and model. Again, Lexus came out as the most reliable cars. This wasn't just luxury cars but all manufacturers. This was the third year in a row for this honor.

Paul

• 3 months later...

About the brake pads and rotors, what I would truly recommend would be the AKEBONO STREET PERFORMANCE brake pads (racers use those) . They are simply amazing !!! And the Brembo ROTORS. They ones that don't rust. You can find those on tirerack.com . Also about tires, get the MICHELIN ! The best.  Good luck.