2016 Navigation Screen

BLM2

I have a 2016 LX570 with 5,000 miles on the odometer. This moring the navigation screen is blank and the radio does not work. Took the truck to the dealer, they said Lexus is aware of the problem but does not have a solution. They will call me back when Lexus figures out what is wrong.

Lee

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BLM2 said:

I have a 2016 LX570 with 5,000 miles on the odometer. This moring the navigation screen is blank and the radio does not work. Took the truck to the dealer, they said Lexus is aware of the problem but does not have a solution. They will call me back when Lexus figures out what is wrong.

Lee

I'm having the same issue, I went to Lexus yesterday and the fixed the issue but 2 hours later it was blank and not working again, I will be going back today for a follow up.

Received a call from the dealer today. Lexus sent dealers an email today. They said to disconnect the battery for 15-30 minutes. The re-connect, start the car and let the computer reboot. I did that and so far the system works.

Lee

Thanks for bringing this to the Club. Your's are the only reports I'm aware of for the problem and or resolution. 

Please keep us informed as time goes on. Also, a big "at a boy" for your dealers and Lexus field support.

Paul

Here is the email i recieved from Lexus:

You may or may not have recently experienced difficulties related to the navigation display in your Lexus. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 Model Year Lexus vehicles. 

In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit to restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system, audio and climate control features, and the hands-free mobile phone functions. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected Tuesday, June 7, at 11:00 pm PST

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system. 

I guess in the future, I will try the reset reboot of the system is I encounter a problem and a dealer is not nearby.

Lee