All of a sudden, my phone connection is in and out. When I dial a number, even the ringing is intermittent. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the phone with no success.

One of my first questions to threads like yours is:  Does the same problem happen when different phones are connected to the vehicle system?

More information can be useful helpful ... like, does your RX have the navigation system?  What type phone is involved?

Has the particular phone involved worked well with the vehicle system in the past and for how long?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

You said that you have disconnected and reconnected your phone.  Does this mean that you have deleted the phone from the vehicle system and re-paired it?  If rebooting doesn't help, try deleting and re-pairing the phone.

Bluetooth phone connections are rarely completely trouble free.

To answer your questions, my Iphone6S  has worked for the entire year I have owned it. Began happening the other day. 

My husbands iPhone6 works just fine.

i have disconnected my phone and deleted it from the system and reconnected with the same result.

my car has a nav system.

Not that it will necessarily help, but did you also completely power down your iPhone 6S and then power it back up?

Or at least stop and then start the Bluetooth service on your iPhone 6S.

That your husband's iPhone 6 works properly is very valuable information which points to a probable issue on your iPhone 6S.

Maybe someday these Bluetooth connections will become completely reliable but I'm not holding my breath.  My wife has an iPhone 6 and I have an Android Samsung S5.  I have more Bluetooth connectivity issues than she does but I do Bluetooth connections with more devices than she does.

This is why our carrier, T-Mobile sends us a reminder every so often to power down our phones. Like other electronic devices, a periodic reboot is advisable.

On another note, my wife and I have phones with dual sim card capability. I am tempted to install a second one for business use, but wonder how it would work with our vehicles. Since I travel to other countries as part of my job, having a no-tool-required replaceable battery really comes in handy - pop off the back cover, remove and replace the battery, and continue phone use. Yes, our 950 and 950 XL phones are a tiny bit thicker than some of the slimmest phones, but the advantages for travel seem to outweigh any disadvantages.