RC 350 F-Sport - Exhaust System upgrade?

I'm considering replacing my stock exhaust system with the F-Sport Performance Exhaust system. I'm probably going to do this upgrade at end of the month.... My dealer will acquire/install. A little pricey, but if they do it it'll stay in warranty. I heard a few audio clips on YouTube of its' sound, but hard to tell. Dealer says it retains its quietness at idle and at Eco speeds (no drone), but then gets throaty when accelerating hard. He didn't immediately know HP or torque gains. Also, unfortunately I'll loss those cool rectangular exhaust tips and have round tips instead.  Any thoughts or comments on this upgrade?

Well, I did it!  Installed today.... Looks great, sounds great. (Although my wife was a little upset with me when she heard it coming down the street. Oh well, the agreement was that it's "my toy"

.F-Sport Performance exhaust.jpg)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought about the exhaust upgrade, but not sure of real value. I assume you've made the change to the new system by now, but I've seen the round tips on a standard RC-F and being duel-tips they looked fine.

• 7 months later...

Can you tell me, if you know please, the part #, i'm having a hard time locating the part #.   No one will commit to saying PTR03-53140 or the one that replaced it will fit and i hate to lay out that type of money pay to have installed and it not work.

Thanks.

Kansay - Yes, that is the part number. (I checked on my service invoice). I see you're in Maryland. Well, I did the upgrade at Lexus of Rockville. Note, they had a on-line coupon for 15% off of all F-Sport accessories. Also, I kept all the old parts (OEM Exhaust system) and then was able to e-Bay it for some good money. Both of these actions helped substantially defray the costs of the new system! Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Hey Rokz. So not to be evasive, but that's a tough question. The "best exhaust system" a very personal choice. Like asking what's the best bourbon? Whats the best cigar?

For me, it was important to keep my Lexus all Lexus. Also, I wanted it just modestly louder. So I went with the Lexus exhaust system. However, there are many aftermarket systems out there. Many reviews and many sound clips can be googled. (Also many opinions on "what's best"). So, it's a personal choice. Let us know what you decide!

• 1 month later...

Glen, can you send me a sound clip of what the exhaust sounds like on your car please?  I have a Red 2015 RC 350 F Sport and thinking of changing the exhaust for the same one you went with.

I can't seem to find a sound clip for the Lexus exhaust.

Chris

• 1 month later...