NEED 3 BUTTON KEY REPLACEMENT FOR 2001 RX 300

Cardinal T

I lost my 3 button key for my 2001 RX 300.  When I called the dealer, they told me it would cost me about $500!!!  Just about had a heart attack.  I can't imagine having to spend that kind of money for a 15 year old car.  There's got to be other options?  Any suggestions please?  Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Good news.  Bad news.  The good news is that some independent locksmith shops can duplicate the remote key.  i priced one for my 2000 RX300 and it was about $125 a couple of years ago.  The bad news is that they have to have a working 3-button key to obtain the source code.  Check around with some full-service key shops and you might get lucky.  Otherwise, it's back to the dealer or use the valet key with manual locking and unlocking.

• 2 weeks later...

A good locksmith service provider will solve your problem here, and they will not charge big bucks. I had once required a locksmith for my 2011 Lexus RX350, they did the job nicely done & quickly. These are guys who helped me out http://www.popalock.com/franchise/mercer-county-nj/locksmith-home ..

• 1 month later...

Go to autotransponder.com.   Also, Ace Hardware cut the blank key to match another that I had.  I think Ace will sell you all of the parts for the key as well, but I am not positive about that.  Both merchants are very reasonable.