All Wheel Drive

kjoy

my warning light is on saying that the all wheel drive needs to be checked.  Can I continue to drive it?  I can't get to the dealer for a couple of days and need to use it!  what's the risk?

Hi Kevin and welcome.

I have a 2013 RX 350. In the owners manual, it describes the basic functions and operating choices. 

Your manual probably doesn't provide a "If, then do this." solution. As you drive the system monitors the load on all four tires and is able to automatically transfer more power to the rear wheels. or continue to monitor the traction condition. Also, the all wheel system can be locked in place to provide uninterrupted all wheel drive monitoring.

It is unclear to me if your light is showing that your all wheel drive is in the lock mode. I 'm not sure if there is any thing that would prevent you from driving until you can get to your dealer. The best bet is to call the dealer, explain your situation and see what they have to say.

You may have a dealer that is open on Saturdays

Come back and let us know what you find out.

Paul