Trunk es 300 logo

The es 300 logo or emblem is missing from my trunk. There is no holes for push-on so I assume to mount another logo its by using adhesive. Any recommendation in adhesive brands? i was thinking 3M double side tape. Will that hold it securely?

Thank you

DR

Replacement emblems generally come with double sided tape - I see some for the ES300 on eBay currently  that are advertised to "peel and stick".

Why bother putting the ES300 emblem on your car?  Toyota didn't put LS400 logos on trunk lids during the early years and has stopped putting Lexus script emblems on the back of cars.  Maybe a previous owner of your car removed the emblem or a body shop did not put one on after a collision repair.

"De-badging" cars has often been popular.  Urban legend is that it started in Germany when people removed model emblems from Mercedes cars since vehicle taxes were taxed based on engine size which was why most engines in Mercedes cars sold in Europe were just under 3 liters.  Cars with 3 liter or larger engines were taxed significantly more.  The trend became so popular that Mercedes started offering a "model emblem delete option" and many people chose it even when their engines were below 3 liters. 

I dont know why it was removed. There was no body work on it so I cant say why. I am familiar with the extra tax on imported cars to the Caribbean in the 80s on engines over 3.0CC. Thats not the case here in the US in NJ now. Thats why i will put it back on to match the LEXUS emblem on the left side along with the large L in the center.  I dont see any logical reasons not to restore it.

Thank you for the 3M double side tape confirmation. Since I have the es 300 emblem I may just put it on.

1 hour ago, jamstyle said:

I dont know why it was removed. There was no body work on it so I cant say why. I am familiar with the extra tax on imported cars to the Caribbean in the 80s on engines over 3.0CC. Thats not the case here in the US in NJ now. Thats why i will put it back on to match the LEXUS emblem on the left side along with the large L in the center.  I dont see any logical reasons not to restore it.

Thank you for the 3M double side tape confirmation. Since I have the es 300 emblem I may just put it on.

I did not confirm that 3M tape will work - maybe it will.  I only said that most replacement emblems that do not attach with metal posts are "peel and stick". 

You've inspired me to remove the all the excess emblems from our current vehicles - I'll do it this weekend with fishing line on the emblems that are held on only with adhesive.  They serve no purpose and get in the way of cleaning and waxing the exteriors. 

I don't know what it's called, but the adheshive used here in Iowa on the license renewal sticker is almost cannon proof.

The sticky little patch has to go through sub-zero temperatures, 100'f degree temperatures and rain, mud, road salt and on and on. Regardless the circumstances,  It would solve your stick-on problem.. besides trying to Google the name of the adhesive, the next problem would be getting the logo/badge off when the time came around.

Paul