TWO SC430 Part Outs (2002, 2003)

ShawnOklahoma

Hello everyone. one of my fellow SC430 owners has TWO SC430's that he is parting out. He asked me to be his contact and to field questions via this forum since I am quite active and have experience with these cars. Both cars are listed below in "light" details at this moment. I will update with more info as he provides them. If you need parts, please let me know which ones and I will respond with photos and/or prices. Both cars are located in the Chicago, IL metro. I can also be contacted via text or cell at 816.304.7399. If I'm unable to answer, please text with your request. Thanks

2002 SC430 Black Exterior, Black Interior with Dark Walnut Woodgrain

2003 SC430 Black Exterior, Tan Interior with Dark Walnut Woodgrain

• 4 weeks later...

I"m new to this forum. In Georgia. Have a 2003 430SC. My trunk lid hydraulics are shot. Trunk lid will not stay up on its own any longer. Is this something that would be "parted out"?

Trunk lid struts failing is very common. Most replace with ones from ebay, which are much cheaper. Many go with Ebay seller, LiftDepot. I've replaced mine before but can't recall with which brand. Very easy to change yourself. Only takes a flat head screwdriver and about 10 minutes. You can also buy from a Lexus dealer, or order online from http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/ (most other online Lexus parts are discontinued now- such as Sewell Lexus of Dallas). I wouldn't recommend buying a salvage set of lifters, as they are used and would most likely give you the same problem sooner rather than later. Good luck.

• Like 1

ShawnOk -  I am looking for replacement Chrome wheels.   I have a 2005 and 3 of the 4 are starting to "flake" as well as they have been bent ( common problem) by Texas potholes.    Does your contact have wheels as well?    Thanks,  Dwight

ShawnOklahoma,

Thank you for the advice. Will follow up accordingly. Have another question... any recommendation on a radiator? Took the car to a local shop for oil change. When my husband went to pick it up, they stated that the radiator was leaking. We'd never seen evidence of this at all. The guy "pressurized" it to show my husband, and sure enough it was leaking. Later we learned that the guy at the shop should have never "pressurized" the radiator...doing so would guarantee that the seals would break (or something along those lines). Thoughts, suggestions, options? I'm not having any trouble at the moment but am concerned about the inevitable if not repaired.

No problem. I would recommend (as above) to lose the OEM wheels and runflats and go aftermarket. More options to represent your personal style, and better ride quality after ditching the runflats. Be warned though, if you go with nonrunflat tires and choose not to get a spare in the trunk, you are in (more) danger to be stranded on the road side. As for the radiator, they do go bad quite often on these cars. Easy and cheap to replace. I luckily haven't had the problem, but have read about many that have. Apparently it is an easy swap and the entire OEM radiator is available online and through Lexus dealerships. You can always go aftermarket also. In any case, I was recommend staying with the OEM Denso products, and thus would recommend you replace with the OEM Denso radiator. It might not be leaking at this time but if there is truly a leak even at the gasket, at high engine temp the leak can become worse due to increased pressure and even cause detrimental engine damage and overheating. I have posted a thread that should explain more, as I haven't had this particular problem. My recommendation, change the radiator. Not sure if the pressure that the mechanic applied could have made it worse, or even caused the problem, but in any case you now have a leak and it should be either repaired or entire radiator replaced.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/650501-2006-sc430-radiator-broke-engine-ruined.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/811020-possible-for-coolant-to-leak-into-the-gearbox.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/794634-radiator-replacement-diy.html

• 9 months later...

No sorry I do not. Actually, the man I was representing who had the two vehicles has not responded to my messages in about 6 months so I guess this thread it closed. As for the part you're requesting. Do you want the upper part of the center console or the lower (larger) part? If you are looking for the lower portion, it is one complete piece that runs from the dashboard, along the side of the radio, to the rear seat. 

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=794062&ukey_make=1082&ukey_model=15681&modelYear=2002&ukey_category=21743&ukey_driveLine=8083

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Condition and price of one, black, rear seat headrest. Drivers side, if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Sorry, I no longer have access to these vehicles and can't supply the requested parts. Good luck.