Accelerator made my engine seize

robdog2014

I was driving down the road and randomly pressed on the accelerator my engine started to sputter, I noticed if i held the pedal down, i slowed, but if i pressed ever-so-slightly it would operate normal, as i was coming to the bottom of a hill i pulled off and let the engine rest for about 45 mins, (less then 500 yards from my house) I started back up with out problems, accelerated normally and pulled up to the house, when i got to the drive way and hit the gas, it sputtered and died. pushed it up and parked it. I called a few local places and they cant tell without a 200$ check (outrageous!) I can't drive the car knowing there could be a problem, I also know my check engine light is on for my O2 sensor, Could that be it? Any fixes you can offer?!!

With labor rates at even independent repair shops typically exceeding $100/hour, $200 for a diagnosis sounds completely reasonable to me.  I drove Lexus LS for 24 straight years and had numerous $1,000+ repair and service bills on them so $200 doesn't sound like much when we're talking about figuring out what's gone wrong on an LS.

I suggest you call a towing company with a flat bed truck and have them take your car to a repair shop.

Jim is probably going to be right and you will need professional help, but do your self a favor and go to lexls like Craig said and learn how to check your codes out, plus a lot of other things you need to know.... do you think we were born with our knowledge?? we are just like you, we had to read and learn.... you can do it..