Bass vibration serious issue

dennisharrupiv

I just repaired both door speakers on my 2002 Sc430, initially the return of the bass I had so long had missing was amazing. Unfortunately, a new problem has arisen. There is a serious rattle behind the read seats and if you open the trunk you can hear it much worse. its below the trunk sort of between the back seats and under the trunk. It is a serious rattle like something is lose. Any ideas what the problem is???

Sounds like your subwoofer is blown. There is a 8" subwoofer directly behind the rear seat back, right in the middle. It is very common for the subwoofer to deteriorate over time, which leads to a horrible vibration sound from the rear. I've replaced mine with an aftermarket subwoofer that I wired in series in order to keep the same resistance of the OEM subwoofer to avoid burning out the OEM ML amp. A lot more bass and a lot better sound than the weak stock SC430 subwoofer.

Here a helpful DIY guide... http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/288367-speaker-install-sc430.html