passenger headlight turns off after 2-3 min

I own a 2007 Lexus GS350 and  about 2 weeks ago my passenger headlight went out so I replaced it (blown bulb). I changed it out and it lit up just fine. I put everything back back in place correctly and drove it. While I'm driving 2-3 minutes it goes out again. Sometimes it will go out by itself and other times the driver side goes out too. I turn the light switch off and turn it back on and they both go on again. Neither of the bulbs is blown. Has anyone gone through this? Please help

Edited by mattgunz
I didn't put the year or model on my post

Hi and welcome.

The year and model of your Lexus needs to be added to your posting. There are many different features, and parts that are not the same from year to year. Hopefully we'll be able to give you some ideas.

Paul

• 2 months later...
On April 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM, mattgunz said:

I own a 2007 Lexus GS350 and  about 2 weeks ago my passenger headlight went out so I replaced it (blown bulb). I changed it out and it lit up just fine. I put everything back back in place correctly and drove it. While I'm driving 2-3 minutes it goes out again. Sometimes it will go out by itself and other times the driver side goes out too. I turn the light switch off and turn it back on and they both go on again. Neither of the bulbs is blown. Has anyone gone through this? Please help

I have a 2007 SC430 and I've just started having the same issue on my passenger side. Sometimes it works fine and other times not.  It's affecting both low and high beams.  From the posts I've read I'm beginning  to think it's more compilated than just a bad bulb. 

Ill post a solution when I find it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a 2007 GS350 and I have experienced the same issue.  I went ahead and replaced the HID module and the problem seemed to have gone away, but then the same happened again.  My solution to this problem was installing aftermarket HIDs in the low beams.  Unfortunately you have to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out and do the install properly.  About a 4 hour job.