Electrical Failure??

Hi everyone. I have a 2006 GS300, 2 weeks ago when leaving work i unlocked the car and pressed the brake in and once i pressed the start button everything died electrical. After 2-3 minutes i saw the system restart and i was able to start and drive home. Today the same thing happened except this time no reboot, no electrical, cant even go into acc mode. No lights or power locks and the brake pedal stays pressed in. Anyone know whats going on? or possibly point me in the right direction?

Hi everyone. I have a 2006 GS300, 2 weeks ago when leaving work i unlocked the car and pressed the brake in and once i pressed the start button everything died electrical. After 2-3 minutes i saw the system restart and i was able to start and drive home. Today the same thing happened except this time no reboot, no electrical, cant even go into acc mode. No lights or power locks and the brake pedal stays pressed in. Anyone know whats going on? or possibly point me in the right direction?

• 10 months later...

I had a similar problem.  I just bought this car less than 24 hours ago on a cash deal, from a non franchise car dealership.  I got it home and drove it around yesterday and a little bit today.  When I pulled in the garage, I noticed the battery light on and a weird burning smell.  It smelled electrical to me.  I hooked my car jumper up to it to get a battery/alternator read, to see if it was low voltage and possibly the alternator.  Then the car shut off, everything was dead except a couple LED lights.  Now EVERYTHING is dead and my car jumper is stuck in the trunk.  I tested the battery, which is brand new, and it only had 2.4 volts on it.  I used a hand held volt meter this time.  How could a new battery drain so quickly like that.  It seems like a complete short that was draining the battery so quickly.

ANY THOUGHTS?