2014 Lexus 350 GS F Sport has dash reflection on the windshield.  The new car delivery prep was done by the dealership and no detailing or product was wiped on the dash to cause a glossy dash surface.  The dealership and the Lexus Corporate Factory Support Technician are not able to resolve the reflection problem and in fact the Lexus Western Region Customer Satisfaction Manager has stated it is "not substantial".  Just by looking at these pictures, I do no agree that the problem is "not substantial" and it is an extreme safety hazard.  I am aware that this is not a new problem for Lexus.  Has anyone had to deal with this dash reflection problem and did Lexus corrected it? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My, that's bad.  I've had that kind of problem with rental cars with light colored dashboard top surfaces - always irritating.   Do other GS vehicles have similar shiny dashboard surfaces?  My perception is that this problem has become much more common due to the trend to more severely sloped windshields to improve aerodynamics and fuel economy and the larger dash tops that come with them.  I miss the days when bolt upright windshields were the norm.

Other than using sandpaper or harsh chemicals to dull the surface (kidding!), the only easy way I know to mitigate the problem is to use a "dash topper" ... maybe one with a "flat black" surface.  Some of them look pretty tacky but maybe there is one that would be tasteful enough.  Google "dash topper".