pj8708

As the man says in his opinion piece, I bet  there are many of us with the same phobia. I just spent $60 having the scratches on my car retouched. The way I look at is that all cars are a steadily depreciating asset. One way to keep that depreciation as slow as possible is to keep your Lexus as close to like new as possible.

I had a conversation last week with a good friend of mine who is a sales person at our local Lexus dealer. I asked him the question about allowing more for a cherry Lexus trade in. He said that in most cases it doesen't raise the trade-in value. However, it does insure you'll get the full market value.

If at the time your thinking of trading, the biggest incentive for a really good deal is when the dealer is low on pre-owned cars. When you pull up with your shiny Lexus they want your car badly. A gently used Lexus can make them more money than the actual sale of a new Lexus.

P.S.  If you have a chance, go to your dealers and check-out the new RC-F. Wow! It is an incredible sports car with all kinds of racing goodies. I'll try to find a photo layout and paste it here.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/01/17/lexus-ct-f-sport-owners-blog-the-parking-rules/

Paul

$60.    Expect no sympathy from me.   Remember, I paid $580 to get my scratch fixed.    I always keep my cars in showroom condition, even my 17 year old Camaro.   It's simple if you keep up with it...don't let 2 or 3 things add up or it can get expensive.   I also try to keep my car as far away from people as possible.   I always figured that God gave me this healthy body, it doesn't hurt to park far away and walk.   

It also also helps that I enjoy doing an extensive detail on a beautiful day.    I really enjoy it.