Speedometer doesn't work help

Hmccraken

I was given a Rx300 the only issue was the abs sensor light was on but the brakes were fine and everything else worked so I kinda just forgot of it but last winter it snowed like a foot one day than I noticed my check engine light was on and he speedometer and odometer were not working but the tac, temperature and fuel gauge all worked the speedometer never worked than when I got a coil on my engine replaced the speedometer just started again don't know how or why.  Same thing happened to me a day ago and o don't want to wait until it just decides to work if it ever will I don't really know the issue could someone help I like to know my speedo and cruise control won't work either 

There should be a wheel speed sensor on each wheel. Typically one of them feeds the speedometer and others do other things.  You can lose one (or more) of those coils and you can get the symptoms you are seeing.  Short of checking the resistance on each coil there really is no other way to see if that might be the problem except getting the codes read by a Lexus/Toyota dealer or a good indy garage. They will have the model specific analyzers which tell them things you can never get from the standard OBDII port at your local Autozone store.  Even checking the resistance is often not a clear cut indication since these are Hall effect sensors.  If you have one sensor that reads radically different than the others then that is a likely culprit.

• 3 years later...

Greetings Lexus club, my speedometer doesn't work. It's started when the front passenger wheel speed sensor cable cuts, after replacement it started working well not until after the mechanic cuts it again when trying to change the arm bushings, since then I have changed numerous wheel speed sensors but to no avail. Please can somebody be of help? I have verified all fuses still yet no way out.