carlosc

There should be a fuse for the power seat circuit but I think it is for both front seats. The fuse if probably in the fuse box behind the coin box on the left side of the steering wheel.

Were there any warning signs before the power seat failed? Do all power seat functions not work?

There should be a diagnosis procedure at techinfo.toyota.com but it's a subscription based service.

Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately, I had already located the fuse, and it seems okay. Also checked the wiring connections. No warnings, the seat was moved into the back position (fortunately) and all functions quit. Could it be the switch or motor(s)?

I think it would be unlikely that all seat motors would stop working all at once. I suppose it could be a switch problem but it could also be an ECU problem. Have you checked underneath the seat to verify that a connector has not become unplugged or damaged?

• 4 weeks later...

One of my friends had the same problem just due to a poor connection of wires behind the seat. That was not visible at computer diagnostics or a general observation of the vehicle. It took him maybe a month taking chances...until he found the reason by a chance -- he dismantled his seat and visibly inspected all the wires (yes, he had a wires diagram with him)