Lexus Gs Deal Too Good To Be True?

Hello,

I am new to lexus and leasing in general. I have the option to lease a new GS. I went to my dealership and they have gave me a quote of $650 to lease a gs 350 fsport. I just came across this lease transfer on leaseforlease.com

They are advertising the exact car i want for only $488. Too good to be true? Or are they full of *BLEEP*?

Heres the link let me know what you guys think. I have 2 months before i need a vehicle.

http://leaseforlease.com/NY/lexus-gs-350-2015-atomic-silver-gasoline-fresh-meadows

Hello,

I am new to lexus and leasing in general. I have the option to lease a new GS. I went to my dealership and they have gave me a quote of $650 to lease a gs 350 fsport. I just came across this lease transfer on leaseforlease.com

They are advertising the exact car i want for only $488. Too good to be true? Or are they full of *BLEEP*?

Heres the link let me know what you guys think. I have 2 months before i need a vehicle.

http://leaseforlease.com/NY/lexus-gs-350-2015-atomic-silver-gasoline-fresh-meadows

Hi Arthur and welcome. I'm sorry someone hasn't replied sooner.

I have leased cars several times and have been pleased with the experience. However, in order to make a lease work well, you need a set of circumstances that match the specifics of the lease. As the automobile industry has grown so to the amazing technology features they offer along with the cost of those gadgets. This has made us car buyers who purchase or lease based only how much the monthly payment is.

First, calculate the MSRP of the GS brand new. You can then subtract or add what ever additional cost will be involved. The lease will require proof of insurance, or you could be required to buy the insurance through the dealer. You should not have to pay the annual license fee sense you don't own the car. Remember a lease spells out a residual value that the car will be worth when you turn it in. If that amount is less, the lease holder will be looking to you for a great explanation or for you to open your wallet.

As you already know, the lease will also have a limited number of miles and months.

Leasing is a good way to go when your needs meet the leases requirement. In fact, if you drive often and put on 15,000 miles or more a year it can give you a well worked car every 3 years or more.Also I think there are still some tax deductions for leasing.

This situation looks like a great car and some financial benefits. Either way, just don't look at the monthly payment amount. Add all the cost for each choice and then make your decision.

Write back and let us know how things turn out.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like a good deal. In 2012 I took over a lease of a MBZ E350 Sport. The only problem is that the paper/transfer process took about 2 1/2 weeks and $595 fee. I almost went with two I found on craigslist in SOCAL (Van Nuys, CA). The first was paying $419 a month and had 13 months left on his lease but only 7K miles allotted. The colors were Nebula grey and red leather interior with the a MSRP of $58K. The other was the same price but silver exterior and read leather interior. He paid about $485 (after taxes) and had two years left on a 33mo lease. But his yearly mileage was 15K. I almost went with the second, fill out paper work and all, but after closer inspection of the car I did noticed nasty scratches on the front bumper and three of the four rims. I opted for a new one (2015 GS Fsport) Atomic silver with red leather at a MSRP of $58K. I paid zero down and zero at signing and instead of 12K a year I'm paying for 15K. My monthly payments for 33 months including tax is $535.