馃挕 Photos Of My Led Bulb Replacement In Cargo Area

After two previous failed attempts due to the wrong sized LED bulbs, I finally was able to swap out the original incandescent bulbs in the cargo area with LEDs.

It makes quite a difference in illumination. I am very happy with the results. See the before and after image below.

The LEDs I used were 28 mm, 12-SMD LED bulbs. These are replacements for DE3175 bulbs (which Mazda put in their Mazda 3 vehicles). The official lamp of the NX cargo incandescent bulb is DE3022, but the first LED bulbs I bought were much too long to fit in the cargo lamp fixture. The second bulbs were shorter in length (30mm) and were also DE3022 replacements. I thought I could make the 30mm bulbs fit, but they wouldn't. I then came to the conclusion that there is no standard length for a DE3022 bulb.

Finally, I found these (http://goo.gl/AEGNMV) on Amazon. These particular LEDs are unidirectional so that it throws all the light into the cargo area (no wasted light as in the omnidirectional LEDs).

Since this was my third attempt, I completed the cargo light conversion in less than 10 minutes.

In the photo below, the left bulb is the OEM bulb, the new LED bulb is on the right. Although the SMDs are yellow in color, make no mistake, theses bulbs produce a very bright, white light...

80-led_next_to_incandescent_400x350_31fa

Here is a before (top) and an after (bottom) images I took of my cargo area with some personal items in there. I did not touch these items during bulb replacement... (click photo to enlarge)

80-cargo_lights_before_after_b176a0c269f