Navigation Destination Option Not Available

JonH

We are relatively new to our 2015 RX350 with Nav. This morning the destination option was greyed out. We were not in an area with poor coverage and it stayed grey as we moved throughout our town. I looked in the manual and I don't see an option to reset the system or any way to correct the problem. I just started the car in the garage and it is working, but I suspect the problem will reoccur. Any suggestions?

Hi JohnH,

That's an odd one. I haven't heard of this problem before.

The first thing that comes to mind is pretty simple. You've noticed that at night, the screen converts to a black background with dimmed letters and graphics. To the left of the steering column should be two buttons and a dial. These control the brightness of both the instrument panel and nav screen. This is just a "maybe" situation.

Next, I would suggest going back to the screen adjustment part of your owners manual and see if resetting some of your selections will help. Others will jump in here and offer some ideas.

Paul

Not sure if that is good or bad. Despite careful destination programing and with all avoidances off, the navigation in my IS will repeatedly tell me to get off an Interstate and take some side road. For whatever reason it doesn't recognize many major roads and has a nasty habit is misdirecting me. Best command is CANCEL NAVIGATION. Not sure how Lexus managed this feat, but they did. Possibly the last car I buy with navigation since the phone navigation is so far superior anyway.

• 3 months later...