1992 Ls400 Wheel Fitment Issue

KJG

I posted this over in the LS400 section and didn't think to post it here. I have a issue with a wheel combo I bought. It is not fitting right. According to the measurements they are 18x8.5 +35 up front and 18x9.5 +30 for the rear. After looking at several LS's with those similar numbers I chose this set up. So today I take the wheels out and test fit them on the car and get this:

1442182840_zps86b1c3ad.jpg

In the rear it is worse. Sticks out almost 1.75 inches. This is about a inch. I've measured offset and the width. I don't know if it is something about the hub or the rotor on my car (PO said something about brembo rotors up front but with some of the stuff I found that could have just been talk). I don't want to pull the fenders, I don't want to camber the car. It already has H&R springs on it that gives it a nice rake. I guess it could just be the design of the rim and I just need to throw the tires on them. And ideas what could be going on?