Gx470 Brakes

Hello, I have a 2007 Lexus GX470, about two weeks ago I slammed on the breaks twice and it started to make a noise. It sounds like things are rubbing against each other. I took it to the mechanic and he advised I needed new brakes. I'm not completely sure of his assessment. My odometer reads 98418 miles. If that is the case do I need a PHD to install them myself? Any help would be very grateful.

Thank you

CluelessmechanicGx470

Hello Eugene, the rubbing noise starts off after a few minutes I begin to drive. The brakes feel complete & work fine. Most bad brakes that I've heard b4 usually have a streaking sound but not me that's why I'm not trusting the mechanics advice.

Well, OK than. "Rubbing noise" may mean anything. Can you try to be more specific? What is the outcome of an evaluation of the car by your mechanic?

(e.g. if the "rubbing noise" is the only description which you had advised your mechanic, I guess he ought to be right in suspecting a brake issue!)