Engine Quit Has Spark & Electric

The fusible link is a misleading term for us old car people. In the old days it was a feed wire. On these cars it is an actual fuse and its in the fuse box near the battery, its one of the big guys there and when you get the cover off flip it over and look inside there is a chart to tell you what does what. There are also fuses under the dash above the left hand drivers kick panel near the parking brake, I think there is one there for efi too I haven't looked in awhile and I've been working on non lexus projects lately.

Yes according to the diagram you will get 12 v to the relay, can you see you have one terminal that gets v through those fuses? Then there is a terminal from the ignition switch I'm using memory here since I can't see it while typing this. I'll just quote it.

post-41820-0-03922500-1439034313_thumb.j

Tommy, here is a circuit diagram of the power to the fuel pump. Study it carefully. You can basically bypass the "circuit opening" relay and send power directly to the pump by jumping the +B and FP pins on the breakout connector in the engine compartment.

I hope it prints the diagram.

Okay, do you get volts at the upper right hand terminal of the EFI relay when the ignition switch is on?

If yes then do you get volts a B+ ?

If yes then do you get volts at the bottom right terminal of the fuel pump relay?

If yes then do you get volts at the left side of the fuel pump?

Do this test and report back. Oh and this is with the jumper in the diagnostic port.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after several days waiting in the shop they tracked down a ecm with a open ground and several wires in the area that were melted enough to give concern. fuel pump was bad in that when i did trouble shoot and put 12 volts to it it turned over but no pressure. Then even with that resolved the other issue of low spark or poor spark depending on which tech I was speaking with. I remember having trouble in the past with the dash lights malfunctioning and replacing the whole dash assembly and even then blowing the 7.5 fuse for same but no problem for 9 months after that. I have a gut feeling that after 20 years the main harness is redy for replacement. But that would require selling one of my grandchildren !