Chrysler's Problem

13IS250C

It's been kind of slow around here so I thought I would share a funny thought I had today. I know you have all heard on the news about the problem Chrysler is having with the vulnerability of their vehicles being hacked and the engine could remotely be turned off!

That reminded me of a Beach Boys lyric. Maybe Chrysler could use it in their advertising.

"Shut it off, shut it off...buddy now I shut you down"!

It's nice to see that "Fiat Chrysler" is continuing the extraordinarily long Chrysler legacy of manufacturing and selling $#!+ and then leaving their customers in the lurch. A $105M fine isn't nearly enough: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/27/business/fiat-chrysler-faces-record-105-million-fine-for-safety-issues.html?_r=0

I have a friend that is a Pontiac enthusiast. Since he has no wife or children, he can afford to have a whole stable of vehicles. He has some really nice Trans Ams and Grand Prix etc. Since there is no more Pontiac, He just purchased an SRT Charger. He sent me pictures. It is a beautiful beast. The break in requirements are really quite humorous. I didn't ask him how much he paid because I consider that rude, but I imagine it was a wad. He special ordered it. I about bet you that in 2 years it won't be worth half what he paid for it.

He usually just keeps his cars and adds to his stable. I guess depreciation doesn't matter to him. He also has plenty of back up vehicles to use while the Chrysler is in the shop.

Many Chryslers are nice looking and powerful. I'd never buy one though because they are pretty much worthless after very few years. In the north, they still rust like iron ore. Not anywhere near my list of cars to have.

• 1 month later...